HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Network Development

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Network Development   Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:20 pm

I'm just goin' to post this one, IJMO, different meaning about servers, network setups, or any other. Just to clarify and share a lil knowledge, all comments are well accepted.

What is a Network?
n-A network includes two or more objects, which interacts to each other.
What is a Computer Network?
-a computer network is composed of two or more, computers, connected to each other, via a device or a cable.

Definition of terms:

* Switch -

A network switch is a computer networking device that connects network segments.

The term commonly refers to a Network bridge that processes and routes data at the Data link layer (layer 2) of the OSI model. Switches that additionally process data at the Network layer (layer 3 and above) are often referred to as Layer 3 switches or Multilayer switches.

The term network switch does not generally encompass unintelligent or passive network devices such as hubs and repeaters.
* Hub -

A network hub or repeater hub is a device for connecting multiple twisted pair or fiber optic Ethernet devices together and thus making them act as a single network segment. Hubs work at the physical layer (layer 1) of the OSI model. The device is thus a form of multiport repeater. Repeater hubs also participate in collision detection, forwarding a jam signal to all ports if it detects a collision.

Hubs also often come with a BNC and/or AUI connector to allow connection to legacy 10BASE2 or 10BASE5 network segments. The availability of low-priced network switches has largely rendered hubs obsolete but they are still seen in older installations and more specialized applications.
* Modem -

Modem (from modulator-demodulator) is a device that modulates an analog carrier signal to encode digital information, and also demodulates such a carrier signal to decode the transmitted information. The goal is to produce a signal that can be transmitted easily and decoded to reproduce the original digital data. Modems can be used over any means of transmitting analog signals, from driven diodes to radio.

The most familiar example is a voiceband modem that turns the digital 1s and 0s of a personal computer into sounds that can be transmitted over the telephone lines of Plain Old Telephone Systems (POTS), and once received on the other side, converts those 1s and 0s back into a form used by a USB, Ethernet, serial, or network connection. Modems are generally classified by the amount of data they can send in a given time, normally measured in bits per second, or "bps". They can also be classified by Baud, the number of times the modem changes its signal state per second.

Baud is not the modem's speed in bit/s, but in symbols/s. The baud rate varies, depending on the modulation technique used. Original Bell 103 modems used a modulation technique that saw a change in state 300 times per second. They transmitted 1 bit for every baud, and so a 300 bit/s modem was also a 300-baud modem. However, casual computerists confused the two. A 300 bit/s modem is the only modem whose bit rate matches the baud rate. A 2400 bit/s modem changes state 600 times per second, but due to the fact that it transmits 4 bits for each baud, 2400 bits are transmitted by 600 baud, or changes in states.

Faster modems are used by Internet users every day, notably cable modems and ADSL modems. In telecommunications, "radio modems" transmit repeating frames of data at very high data rates over microwave radio links. Some microwave modems transmit more than a hundred million bits per second. Optical modems transmit data over optical fibers. Most intercontinental data links now use optical modems transmitting over undersea optical fibers. Optical modems routinely have data rates in excess of a billion (1x109) bits per second. One kilobit per second (kbit/s or kb/s or kbps) as used in this article means 1000 bits per second and not 1024 bits per second. For example, a 56k modem can transfer data at up to 56,000 bits (7kB) per second over the phone line.

Source: http://www.en-wikipedia.com

Simple Network Setup Using Switch

All the computers at the same network much more preferred as LAN(Local Area Connection) were connected via a device called switch(as the sample shown) or a hub, there's a big difference between a Switch and a Hub. see definition of terms this is just a simple network setup, connected using a network cable, which 8C8P cables, or also known as RJ45 were commonly use.

what is a network cable?

One of the Important factor in networking is the binding that connects all available objects within the network. What is this binding? A network Cable acts like a spider-web that connects a single strand to the other strands.

For more info
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lordsmu.3-a.net
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:20 pm

This is a simple network setup with a net connection using a Router

The ADSL line, is connected to the ADSL port of the router, and the router is connected to a switch, where the switch acts like a medium or a node/host, to redistribute the Internet connection on the same network.

This is a simple network setup (Internet Cable)

Where the internet cable is connected to a cable modem(motorola) then the modem is connected to a router, and the router is connected to a switch.

This is the common Internet Cafe Network Setup

Where the modem is connected to the ISP, then the Router is connected to the modem, while the server is only connected to the router for instant Firmware access, and the router is connected to the switch, where all WS(workstation) is connected.

A network with a Network Hard Drive also known as Snap Drives.

what is a network harddrive? a network harddrive is much more like an external Hard drive, which is connected to a switch, hub or a router, in order for all Computer units to access, store, change, read/write, all files, or a file.
Back to top Go down
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Additional Infos':
infant wrote:
first of all no aggressive reaction po sana pure informative lng sana, I'm honestly saying na di ko pa tlaga alam yung mga techinical side about server. like Apache http server and its limitations. Basic concept lng tlaga ako naka base.

diba same din po ng concept pag nag hohost ka ng game?

Game serve -------Wan--------Game Client

Web Server --------Wan--------Browser (client Application)

ganun din nmn po ang concept sa Icafe di po ba? kaya lng LAN lng.

ServerApplication---------LAN---------Client Application

dipendent din naman, di po ba?

yup tama, lets say sa timer po,

Web server=ICMS installed sa server
then yung WAN = LAN
browser = is the Workstation.

ang web server, hindi gagana yung site kung walang server, di din siya pupunta at coconnect at makikita sa browser kung walang WAN, at ang browser ay walang silbi kung walang lumalabas.

like sa icafe, ang workstation hindi gagana kung walang LAN, kung may nakainstall na client software dun sa workstation, ibig sabihin kahit may LAN maghahanap ng server connection, kung walang icafe server with ICMS na installed walang silbi ang workstation.
infant wrote:
first of all no aggressive reaction po sana pure informative lng sana, I'm honestly saying na di ko pa tlaga alam yung mga techinical side about server. like Apache http server and its limitations. Basic concept lng tlaga ako naka base.

diba same din po ng concept pag nag hohost ka ng game?

Game serve -------Wan--------Game Client

Web Server --------Wan--------Browser (client Application)

ganun din nmn po ang concept sa Icafe di po ba? kaya lng LAN lng.

ServerApplication---------LAN---------Client Application

dipendent din naman, di po ba?

oh btw, it doesn't matter kung WAN, LAN or PAN pa siya, hangga't may kanya kanyang tasks, ang mga units, dun sila magkakaiba. Like the icafe server, serves as the timer, POS, encoding unit, or pedeng maging daan kung saan nakaconnect ang printer, thru shared printer and fax.
like this one

hindi magagamit lahat ng application, or available valid processes ng isang Workstation with a client installed sa kanya, lets say for example, like a workstation with a cafeagent, di siya magagamit ng guest users kung hindi siya ioonline sa icafe server, but with admin privilege, pwedeng iclose lang ang cafeagent or inuninstall ang cafeagent, without the server's consent, kapag naclose ang cafeagent, with admin permissions, or ang admin mismo ang nagclose pwede na nyang magamit lahat ng available applications, valid processes sa isang workstation, but unlike sa mga guest users, or what we call customers, na hindi alam ang passkey to override ang isang ICMS client, eh indeed na necessity ang server.

parang bridge ang cafeagent. para matawid ang kabilang banda.
like this one

hindi magagamit lahat ng application, or available valid processes ng isang Workstation with a client installed sa kanya, lets say for example, like a workstation with a cafeagent, di siya magagamit ng guest users kung hindi siya ioonline sa icafe server, but with admin privilege, pwedeng iclose lang ang cafeagent or inuninstall ang cafeagent, without the server's consent, kapag naclose ang cafeagent, with admin permissions, or ang admin mismo ang nagclose pwede na nyang magamit lahat ng available applications, valid processes sa isang workstation, but unlike sa mga guest users, or what we call customers, na hindi alam ang passkey to override ang isang ICMS client, eh indeed na necessity ang server.

parang bridge ang cafeagent. para matawid ang kabilang banda.
Back to top Go down
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:24 pm

In the figure shown below, how an icafe server plays an important role to WS.

in the figure 1.0 the WS acts like a bridge, but there's a gate blocking the bridge which is the Cafeagent. In order to remove the gate, we need a key, the key is the command coming from the server in order to open the gate, so the WS user can use all available applications.

without the command from the server, the WS can't use all application residing to the other side. If the key was lost, the gate wouldn't be open.
What is an Internet Protocol Address known as IP?

We all know there's a certain IP within a network or a connection. An Ip address is a 32bit number in IPv4. For example 192.168.0.1 is a= class B,class B,class A,class A IP, but how can we define classes? Later on we'll be on that. An IP is a tiny but still a part of a network.

What is this 32bit number?(Note: Please Do Correct me If am wrong)
As the figure shown below:

How can we get IP classes?

A 32bit number is composed of (2)16bit numbers
A 16bit number is composed of (2)8bit numbers
An 8bit number is composed of (2)Nibbles
What is a nibble? A 4bit number in actual.
A nibble is composed of 2bit number
A 2bit is composed of single bit number.

This is a Class A structure

you can determine if an IP is a class A IP, by where the zero is located at the network side.

This is a Class B structure

where the zero is located at the 2nd bit of the 16bit structure, if the zero is located at the first bit it will be a Class A IP.

A class C structure

the zero is located at the third bit of a 24 bit network, if the zero is located at the first bit it will be a class A, if the zero is located
at the second bit it will be a class B, so therefore, this is the structure of a class C IP.

bWhat is the IP range of classes?
Class A

By adding the counting numbers at the top of the binary codes.

for example:
for the class A IP
all the counting numbers that has an On/I binary as follows: 64,32,16,8,4,2,1

Therefore by adding
64+32+16+8+4+21

we'll get the sum of 126

but how we define the IP ranges from?

From the figure shown, the Network is the first table, then the Host/node is the second table. Therefore the network is the word (FROM) and the host/node is the word (TO)

From the sample, there's no I/ON in the network table so the Class A IP ranges from 0-126.

Class B Ip Range

As you can notice, the zero is placed at the second bit of both network and node structure. therefore it was classified as class B Ip

Class C IP range

Credits:
Original Source :
Code:
http://www.pinoydsl.net/viewtopic.php?t=16678&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Author: Dan Santillan (a.k.a lordmight)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 pm

wow thanks...this is a big help to all specially to those who wants to build a computer cafe! Shocked

"Kahit hindi naging tau sa huli..,Ikaw parin ang First Love ko"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jorgyrom.tk
ivyx3

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Woaa. Cool. :O
Thanks! cheers

--------
I Love Chinen!! rabbit
Hes Sooo. Hawt. @-)

It's not about keeping your promises, and it's not about following your heart. It's about security. :>
--------
Visit My Friendster! -> www.friendster.com/weirdean
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rheashim.multiply.com
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 am

@jorgy
Thanks, its been awhile since i've became active on boards.
@ivyx
Thanks din ^_^
Back to top Go down
myced09
TM Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 pm

oh sir dan,..
ur so nice,..

ahm,..
im a freshman,..my course is computer science,..

thanks for this!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WildknighT
TM Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 am

cool

thanks for sharing sir dan!! :Very Happy

mag pa guide ako sa inyo kapag naka hanap na akami ng spot Very Happy

wala kasi kamit mahanap ng pag rerentahan sa itatayung Net shop namin ehh..

sana maka hanap na kami
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lordsmu.3-a.net
ronnel_arbutante

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 am

ahhhh..

ganun pala un...

^_^

Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:03 am

myced09 wrote:
oh sir dan,..
ur so nice,..

ahm,..
im a freshman,..my course is computer science,..

thanks for this!!
No prob bro, I'm just here to share what I know, and to learn too. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
WildknighT
TM Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am

boss i have 2 computer

panu ko i network un

meron din me router Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:44 am

^you can easily connect them both using RJ45 or a CAT5 Cables(normally networkCables) better use RJ45 for the covering.
Back to top Go down
WildknighT
TM Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:11 am

boss if wireless? because the other one is laptop
Back to top Go down
Dan
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:56 pm

first if your laptop doesn't support physical connection (e.g using LAN cables) you can use its wifi, IF wifi driver and hardware is installed, but at least you should have a WAN capable router.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Network Development   

Back to top Go down

Network Development
Page 1 of 1